Thursday, April 26, 2012

It is so nice to see the light! We left Key West yesterday morning and had a nice day on Free Spirit. It started out a bit rough but eventually the seas calmed. Eric caught a small mackerel(too small to keep) and then had four false fish alarms so we had a delicious dinner of chicken, quinoa and veggies. I baked a delicious loaf of whole wheat raisin bread which was done just in time for dinner. It was a pretty sunset and there were many stars. We took turns on watch and when Eric woke me for the 2 am shift he had a hot cup of chicken noodle soup waiting for me, which made me not quite as crabby to be woken up. I read and it was very hard not to nod off. I was on watch when the sun rose and it was so nice to see daylight again. We should be in Venice by about 12:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment