Sunday, November 27, 2011

sailing nov. 2011



Headed out to the manatee river to meet the benstocks on their new sababa after a delicious thanksgiving with the family.
Arrived to enjoy margot's new mango rum drink and happy hour on their new beautiful boat. We had a yummy shabbos dinner of bbq steaks and homemade challah.
On Eric's bday we all went for a wonderful sail (even played scrabble which eric beat mike by one point. mike said he let eric win for his bday) We made dinner on free spirit (grouper) and managed to watch the gator/fsu game on the computer.
The next day we had breakfast on sababa and bid the benstocks goodbye. We dingied to shore and walked 2.5 miles to and from grocery/liquor store to pick up some mango rum, martini glasses and some veggies.
This morning was a great Monday morning. Woke to watch and photograph the sunrise, went for a 5k walk around the park and surrounding neighborhood and got back to boat just in time as now it is pouring.
It takes me a couple of days to adjust to the cruising life. I woke up thinking what am I going to do all day at anchor? No stores close by, no Publix a block away, etc. But now I realize that I may not have enough time at all to all I want to do today on this very rainy day. After this blog post I will make lunch. Then I will read. I would like to do some needlepoint. Of course I must take nap. Then it will be time for happy hour, followed by dinner, washing the dishes, reading some more and maybe a game of scrabble. I think I could adjust to this with no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment