Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Calm after storm




We hunkered down yesterday while it rained pretty much all day. The boat was dry, warm and cozy. We read and rested and Eric routinely checked and made adjustments to the anchor. Since the weather was not conducive to grilling we made delicious spaghetti and salad. Shortly after sunset the storm disappeared and it was a lovely evening. We were able to watch our favorite program (Boardwalk Empire) on hbotogo. Technology is amazing...but it is even better to take advantage of it on a sailboat.
I woke up in time for the sunrise, took pictures and made coffee. It is interesting how time doesn't matter out here. Waking up real early is a pleasure here. I am looking out on the water, listening to birds and feeling the breeze. I don't have to rush off to a meeting or shove breakfast down my throat. And I don't really care that I was up at the crack of dawn because I will nap later.

No comments:

Post a Comment