Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Good morning Vietnam

After 26 hours of flying, we arrived safely and are resting in the Paragon Saigon Hotel, lovely and clean.  Jacob and friends are about a 20 minute walk away.  It is 1 am here.  
My first impressions:  people smile!  Why am I so surprised?  Is it because Americans don't?  I am trying to understand why this shocks me so much.  They are friendly and helpful.  
Vietnamese people are very slight and thin.  I haven't been here long, but everyone I have seen so far is thin!  Unfortunately, I know the reason I took notice of this is because Americans are notoriously overweight.
That's all for now...need to get some sleep so we can meet Jacob at 7 am to watch the Lightning game!

Orchids everywhere...a good omen! Below, many people wait at the airport to greet their friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment